Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Classic Summer Fun

I remember growing up and looking forward to summer every year. You get to stay up longer, there is no school and the days last longer. Every day feels like Saturday and you can't seem to get enough of friends and fun. We grew up with a pool in our neighborhood and every year my parents would get us passes. I always thought it was because they loved us so much ( and they do) but as a parent myself I have found it is a simple selfish reason. I go to relax while my lot play and leave me basically alone for hours on end. What could be better than that? Ok, so maybe being able to sleep by the pool would top it, but I am not complaining. So we have spend a lot of days so far lazing by the pool and swimming. As I discussed with my Sister-in-law Sally, we are spending more on sunblock than anything else so far. Here are a few pictures that I took last time we went.

Here is Gabe loading up for another round. He was shooting everyone available and I was just waiting for them to kick us out.

This is Logan's Call of Duty pose. Thanks to Xbox we now do war about 98 percent of the time.

This is my cute blond pool bunny. She hates that she can't venture out of the kiddy area like her brothers, but I just don't trust her yet. She is too sneaky.
And summer would not be complete without the weeds in my flowerbed. I have been trying to rescue some flowers from last year, but I decided just to pull them up and start fresh. I really don't remember there being so many stinkin bugs last year when I planted. They were crawling everywhere and I felt creepy all night long. I really hated that nice ant next I found under one plant. They were crawling all up my arms and legs I was scratching for hours. Corey came out with a blanket and watched from the sidelines with the kids.

Corey took this shot and I have to say I am so grateful for garments. I know that there would be crack involved here.

Logan lounging and reading while Hailey is just kicking back. She loves to hold her feet now and it is so cute.
And the number one on my cute moment list, is when Corey put Hailey in our baby carrier (Thanks Sarah) and totted her while he grilled. Don't worry he was extra careful around the grill. But this just shows what a great dad he is. I was just grateful she didn't spit up on our dinner.
Look at those big old steaks. That was the best Rib-eye I have ever had.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Your post has me missing those days I spent at the Woodside pool. (Although that's probably part of the reason I have cancer right now... so don't forget to slather up, lady!)
Oh, and Corey gets major props for using the baby carrier! Thanks for posting that pic- it tickled me to death to get to see one of my wraps in action!!

Seth and Julie said...

Summer is the best! I am not sure it will ever be pool weather around here this year but I can't complain too much...at least it is in the 60's. Funny how my idea of warm has changed over the years. I wish our kiddos could play together.

Anonymous said...

Nice hiney shot Kory Jane. I love the shot of Corey and Hailey. I agree, he is a great dad! and son-in-law.

Sally said...

I don't think I would like summer nearly as much without the pool. My flower beds are overgrown with weeds once again but it is too hot for me to care.