Tuesday, June 30, 2009

For Sale


So you have figured this out I am pretty sure, but we have decided to sell our first house. How did we come to this conclusion? Well there are many factors and suffice it to say it would be in our best interest to have our house out of the picture. Plus it is getting way too small for our growing family. I like to be close, but when the kids are right on top of you all the time, that is when you need an adjustment. We have not made any definite plans, we just want to sell first.
I have had many sleepless night about this. Tossing and turning. Praying for sleep. That someone will find our house just right and buy it at our asking price. I have not had a very good experience thus far with our realtor. I have had to call several times to change or rearrange things. I am trying to be positive. But I get so anxious when someone else is doing things that I think could be done in a better or more efficient way. So I am the annoying person who keeps calling and complaining. I just want things done right. Now if we can just get some people in to see our little home, maybe we can get some bids. Let us hope that this goes quickly and that we don't have a hard time selling. For my sanity anyways.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you! Hang in there and remember, you can always fire your realtor.

Seth and Julie said...

Good Luck! Selling a house is stressful. I want to get a bigger house especially while house prices are low, but I am not ready for the hassle again so for now we live on top of each other. Hopefully yours will go quickly!!! Keep us posted.

Seth and Julie said...

Oh yeah, and definitely fire your realtor if you aren't happy. We had a crappy realtor in Utah who wouldn't even show our house. She would ask us to just let people in to look at it. For 6 months it didn't sell. We fired her and got a new realtor and got two offers right away.

The Thompson Family said...

Good luck. I know the Lord will take care of you. Love you!

Thor'sblog said...

We sold our first house ourselves, it was alot of work but at least I only could blame my self for things...oh yeah and that 6% in pocket is nice too. :)

Sally said...

I'm not looking forward to selling our house, but maybe by then you will be able to give us some pointers.

modern myrtle home said...

We've sold two houses ourselves, and while it is a little more work, it is worth the extra money and knowing you are in control. I'm with your mom--you can always fire your realtor! The one nice thing about having a realtor though, is that you don't have to show the house yourselves. That was always weird for me. Good luck to you guys. Your house really looks great . Someone will snatch it right up! :)