Thursday, April 2, 2009

Vacation Events

We finally made it back from our trip and I am still considered legally sane so it must have went pretty good. We had so much fun seeing family and then going up to Nauvoo to see the sights. I hate splitting up blog entries so get ready for one huge blog about our trip.

On Saturday when it decided to snow a blizzard on us, we had to get out of the house. Luckily my brother and sister in law got a room at the nice hotel by Bass Pro Shop. So we all headed over there to go swimming. It was funny because we had to stop in Walmart to get Lexie a swimsuit and it was snowing outside. The kids had a blast and Lexie didn't want to leave when it was all over.




Lexie posing for the camera. She just looked so cute in her swimsuit.
On Sunday we blessed Hailey. It was so special. I tried to savor it considering this is our last one. The dress was so pretty. My Mother-in-law lovingly sewed it for me. Afterwards everyone came to the house for a breakfast lunch and we all hung out.


Then after we ate we loaded up in the RV and took off for the 8 hour drive up to Nauvoo. I am a fan of RVing with four kids in tow. It was nice to have a bathroom readily available and a kitchen to fix meals without stopping. We still didn't get there till around 2am and we were exhausted the next day. It was so beautiful. I loved every second of it. It was such a testimony strengthener for me. The kids loved it as well. The only downfall was how cold it was. We froze the whole time and I think next time we might plan a summer trip instead. While we were there all of the older adults had to go to the urgent care because Grandma Esquibel had Strep, Grandma Carol was having bad Asthma and then Grandpa Esquibel had Pneumonia. But we so far have escaped the nastiness.
Corey on the Oxen ride with the kids.

In front of the statue of Joseph and Hyrum Smith at Carthage.

Logan enjoying the RV playing a card game.

Logan holding the water buckets.

Lexie snuggling with Grandma in the RV

Putting Lexie to work finally.

Lexie celebrating her birthday with a present from the grandparents.

The well at Brigham Young's house.
We decided to lock the kids up at Carthage Jail.

Gabe chilling on the RV

My Gabber totting the water buckets

Family picture at Carthage. Please don't mind us we haven't had a shower for a couple of days.

Corey with the water buckets

6 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

You should let us know next time you are heading to Nauvoo because that is only 5 hours from us. We could meet up.

P.S. Hailey looks like an angel!

melissa said...

Looks like you had a fun trip! Lexi looks so grown up and Hailey is so cute!

Straley Family said...

I feel the same way about Nauvoo, I loved every minute of it despite the bad weather and cranky kids. I wish I could have met up with you guys, I was even considering driving there alone with the kids just to see every one but having done the whole Nauvoo thing just the week before and seeing how much work it was with two parents I didn't dare brave it alone. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Lindsay said...

I like your new background...glad you had a fun trip.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Boy you guys must of been really thirsty! You know that I LOVE Nauvoo.

Walling Family said...

You guys had a busy weekend! Glad that you got to Nauvoo and had a great time.