Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick

So I mentioned in my last post that while we were in Nauvoo, Corey's parents and grandmother were sick. I wasn't too worried about catching things, especially the older kids. But when you are sleeping in confined places, like an RV for three nights with sick people I guess I should count my blessings that I got away with just two sick kids. Lexie got it first and she doesn't handle sickness really well. Of course it went straight to her lungs and she had a high fever yesterday and a horrible tight cough. Then of course my sweet little Hailey is feeling horrible today too. She is coughing and although she doesn't have a fever yet, I am crossing my fingers that she won't. We were at my parents house yesterday and so I asked Corey and my Dad if they could give both girls a blessing. I have to admit since coming home from Nauvoo I have been a big spiritual high. So I could feel the spirit so strong while my dad and Corey gave blessings of healing to the girls. Lexie has no fever today and is normal now. I am still giving her medicine to help loosen the mucus in her lungs but she is back to bouncing all over the place. Hailey is still coughing, but still no fever and I think after a couple of days she will be over it to. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have a husband who has the Priesthood and lives worthy of it so he can bless our family in this way. Now lets hope that no one else gets this nastiness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope they are getting better. Lexie looked so miserable on Friday evening. I hate it when little babies get sick. Keep an eye on them. I am so glad also that you have a husband like you do!!

Anna Min said...

I've had sick kids here this week too but no fevers fortunately, just nasty coughs. I hope everyone gets over it quick...never fun with sick kids.
Nauvoo looked like fun...glad to hear everyone came home sane:)