Monday, July 28, 2008

Woolaroc-Part 1 Mountain Man Camp

On Saturday we went to a place called Woolaroc with my parents and my Aunt and Uncle who were visiting. It is up by Bartlesville and was really neat. They have a Mountain Man camp there during the summer where the men live there and do it like they would a long time ago. They had these shabby lean-tos and they made everything they used. It was really impressive to see, but man did they stink. I guess living like that does have it's downers with no bathing facilities. The kids loved it and we all had fun trying the different activities. There was this rope that was hanging from a huge tree that everyone was swinging on. We also got to shoot an old powder rifle and Corey actually hit the barrel that was a ways off. I guess Call of Duty is helping his aim. We also got to throw hatchets at some logs. I thought I did pretty well, but how can you go wrong with just chucking something at a log.
As a side note on the way up we were following my dad, and if you ever have to follow my Dad you know there are no extra stops. So Logan of course has to pee about 3/4 of the way there. He is just trying to hold it and I finally tell him to pee in Gabe's empty cup from QT. This cup is huge and I figure if he can't hit that he can't hit anything. Well he ends up peeing on everything but in the cup. Urine was on the back of the seat, on the floor, and his pants. I thought I even spied some on the window. So Corey was really mad, I was trying not to laugh at Logan who couldn't seem to get himself together and Gabe was just shocked. But luckily I had some antibacterial wipes in the van and we wiped up as good as possible. Don't worry when we got home we clean it really well.




Logan throwing the hatchet
The kids standing in front of one of the tents.
Me shooting the powder rifle.
Lexie swinging on the rope. She actually made a Tarzan sound.
Lexie shooting the gun, don't worry it was just a cap
Lexie really did throw a hatchet, but it didn't go too far
Logan swinging, he hated it.
Logan shooting his cap gun.

Gabe just looked so cute I had to post
Gabe loved the rope and just kept getting higher and higher
Gabe shooting, he thought he got the Turkey
Look at that stance, he actually threw pretty well.
How cute is this? My dad was holding Lexie's hand and I had to get a picture.



2 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

Cute pictures Kory! Your kids are so cute. It looks like you guys had alot of fun. Wish we could be there. Love you!

Anonymous said...

My picture of dad and Lexie didn't turn out. Please email me yours!! Hey where is the picture of me on the rope?