Thursday, July 24, 2008

School supplies...OUCH

I went and bought school supplies today for the boys....wow it was 100 bucks for all the stuff that was on the list. I get a little upset when my child is asked to bring 8 glue sticks and 5 packages of pencils. I realize that some kids don't bring anything and so they have to divide everything, but come on. Do I have to supply all the kids in Coweta with school supplies? And on the list they have the nerve to write they want the name brand crayons or the expensive zip-lock baggies. Well dream on Southside all you get from me is the generic.



I adopted this fish from our friends the Bowens when they moved to Georgia. This is the only pet that Corey will let me have at this time. So I just finished cleaning his bowl out and putting him back in his home. We just call him Mr. Fishy because I couldn't think of anything crazy or fun. The kids have forgotten he is even there anymore, so I feed him and clean him. Sure isn't a dog, but for now I guess that will have to do.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Sorry, I just had to chuckle! School supplies is one of those expenses you really don't think of when you have children. I think it was after we had Grace #5 that I really started to think about college tuition, then we had 2 more. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the "70's Show" where the only pet Red would let Kitty have is a fish! Your blog reminded me of that show. Hope you don't have conversations with Mr. Fishy like she did. Personally I think a gold fish is the perfect pet - not much pet-poopoo and of course they never talk back.

Walling Family said...

Ouch! I hear you with school supplies I am complaing too Madison has to have 16 crayons not 24. The 24 are 20 cents right now and well the 16 are a 1.88. Do you think I could just take 8 crayons out of the box and call it good. I hate that I have to supply the teacher with dry erase markers and dry erase markers for Madison. Come on now!

Lisa said...

I hate school supply shopping. We always go the cheapest route. My kids get the store brand too!

Anna Min said...

We have to get 15 glue sticks for Alyvia.
15.
Brother.
Anyway! We're excited to see you guys this weekend!

Sarah Bowen said...

Corey! I found you! I can't believe that the fish is still alive and that you are prego again. That is great! Cayla didn't even know that fish was ever gone. Keep in touch and we will check back often.
thebowensinok.blogspot