Wednesday, July 16, 2008

First Doctors Visit

Just to warn everyone that there might be alot of blogs regarding my pregnancy. Sorry if I am boring anyone. I had my first official doctors appointment today. To my surprise my doctor has started doing ultrasounds in the doctors office at each visit. So I got all excited to see my little peanut and low and behold we couldn't see a thing. I don't know what I expected at 8 weeks. But granted it is the size of a bean it was no wonder. Plus my bladder was empty because I didn't know I was getting it done. And it was an external one so that made it even worse. So all that hype and nothing. And then on top of that I had to get my pap smear and he had to physically feel my uterus to see if I really was 8 weeks along. I am still sore. Then the blood work and the upcoming payment of the epidural in full before hand. See Corey and I have never paid anything on our prior kids, so this is all new to us. I guess we will get the shock once all the bills start rolling in. But I just smile and tell myself one little day at a time. Take them as they come. I did get an award letter in the mail today telling me that I had been award full summer tuition wavier. So we will get all of my tuition money back for this summer. How cool is that. So all in all, it was an eventful day. Thanks to Danielle for watching my kids so I didn't have to lug them in with me.

2 comments:

Walling Family said...

I am so excited for you, but yeah I would be bummed too. We have never had to pay either so I can only image the sticker shock!

melissa said...

How exciting! I LOVE having an ultrasound every apt its so fun to watch them grow! That is exciting about your tuition also!