Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away


Let me start by saying I am not a hatter of rain. I actually enjoy a spring shower, but a spring flood I can do without. Within the past week we have had three MAJOR storms that have flooded our little town of Coweta all three times. The poor people who have houses in the low areas have found themselves in the same situation not one but three times. Corey and I have been lucky that our house is actually located up on a hill, so the water runs down the street and floods the houses at the end. We have not been able to mow our lawn, which has grown really high. All this water has made our backyard into a swimming pool and the kids haven't been able to go outside and play very often. This morning after last nights storm school was closed due to dangerous flooding across the roads. So I am stuck inside on a rainy day with all three kids. Hopefully warm and DRY weather will be here soon.

1 comment:

The Thompson Family said...

Wow Kory, I am glad your house is ok. Maybe you should let your kids get their swimsuits on and go swim in your backyard. Really, they would probably enjoy it if it isn't too cold.