Monday, April 7, 2008

George Orwell's 1984

Well I finally finished 1984, and I had a hard time getting into the first part of the book. The end was thought provoking, because you could see how things could become reality if twisted the right way. I have to honestly say it was not one of my favorite reads, but at least I can say I have read it and know what people are talking about. If you like political books, you would probably like this one. It was funny because when I was working there was a teenage kid there who said he had to read 1984 that week for his English class. I made the comment that I just finished it and he looked at me and said "why did you even read it in the first place?" I thought what a good question, but you just never know and you can't start a book and not finish.....at least that is me anyways.

No comments: