Monday, May 13, 2013

Wyoming and Preschool

Sorry I have no pictures to go with this post.  Of course when I go to the store I don't carry my nice camera and well my cell phone is an old one with a horrible camera and no Internet access.  Since Danni has been born I usually wait to go big grocery shopping till Corey gets home or have a friend watch her.  Today there were no friends available and we really needed groceries.  Plus I have my heart set on a run this afternoon and I don't have time to do both.  So I set out with Danni and Hailey to get some shopping done.  Hailey is amazing at the store.  Stays right by me and doesn't really touch anything.  Makes it so much less stressful.  And I fed Danni right before and she just sat in her seat watching me the whole hour I was in there.  Not a single sound came from her.  In fact while I was checking out someone made a comment on what a great baby she was.  To her credit she does have her good moments....as long as she can see Mom.  That girl always has to have me in her view or she can turn rotten really quick.  The best part was when I was putting Danni in her base and was telling Hailey to get in.  I turn around and there is this older gentleman there asking if he could help me in anyway.  Talk about nice...so I let him load my groceries in for me.  He was so nice.  I thanked him probably way too much but I couldn't help it.  Things like that don't happen that often to me.  I have to say since moving to Wyoming I have had more of them.  I think people here are just more down to earth.

When we first moved here I was hoping beyond hope that they offered pre-school through the school system like they did in Oklahoma.  But they don't and I swore I would never pay for pre-school.  Well Hailey is such a social girl...she likes everyone and honestly she makes friends at the playground in a second.  I hate that she is so couped up here in the winter and with Danni I can't give her as much one on one as I would like.  So my friend Carrie put her daughter in pre-school with a local lady here that she just loves.  Her daughter will be in Kindergarten next year so Hailey won't have her bestest friend with her.  But I decided to bite the bullet and enroll her.  She will go 3 days a week in the afternoons from 12-3:30.  It will be 85 dollars a month which I think will be worth it.  But for now we have so much to look forward to this summer I can hardly wait for school to get out!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bailey runs around the store wanting to have everything. Hailey is a sweet little girl. I know she will love preschool.

Seth and Julie said...

We have free preschool and I still paid for preschool because the free one was 5 days a week and I only wanted 3 days and I have never regretted it, although I am kind of glad to do away with preschool tuition next year. I am sure Hailey will love her school and it sounds like you found one that is very reasonably priced.

Also, I have been MIA for a few weeks so I am just seeing the last couple posts and your Mother's Day pics are beautiful!