Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lexie's Baptism

This weekend was a crazy weekend for us.  We decided to do both Danni's baby blessing (which will be in the next post) and Lexie's baptism in one swoop.  We really wanted all of our family who could come to enjoy both and so I got as prepared as I could possibly could.  Lexie has been looking forward to this day for such a long time now.  We had a FHE the Monday before to make sure she knew the importance of what she was about to do.  She did ask some good questions and she seemed to grasp the idea of how important it was.  My brother Thor and his family drove up from UT for the weekend and Corey's parents and Grandma also drove up.  Lexie had a lot of friends come from church as well.  It was a full house.  Corey Scott did the baptism and then his dad Scott did the Confirmation afterwards.  The program was so cute, my good friend Bonnie Perry did the talk on Baptism and Corey's Mom did the talk on the Holy Ghost.  I also played When I Am Baptized and had Logan and Lexie sing it together.  I had to try really hard to concentrate and not cry during the song because I already was messing up as it was. 

 Thor and his family with Lexie.
 Crazy cousin shot
 I only got this serious one after I told them they could do the crazy one.
 Corey's great Aunt drove up from Cheyenne and came to see Lexie baptized.
 Our first official family photo since Danni has came.
 Parents and Grandparents with the lucky girl.
Lexie and her grandparents.
 
I am so very proud of my Lexie girl for getting baptized into the church.  Lexie has 2 of her white dresses down.  We love you Alexandria Marie Esquibel.

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

What an awesome day and how fun to have family come and join you. I can't believe how grown up Thor's kids are. I mean, I should have known they were that old since my kids are too but since I haven't seen them in 8 years they were frozen as babies.

Anonymous said...

I love the crazy cousin photo! Only one suggestion - please get gabe's hair trimmed. It reminds me of screech's on "Saved by the bell" . He is such a cute kid but all you see is hair. Dad says he'll cut it if you want. Love you and great posts! You've been a very busy girl.

Unknown said...

Love the family pics. You all look beautiful. We are going to have so much fun next month. Can't wait.

Thor'sblog said...

Thanks for having us Kory! We had such a great time and my kids love being with yours. I love you.