Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Really?

Has it really been that long since I wrote a blog entry? I feel bad, but at the same time life can get crazy and I just don't feel bloggy during my crazy days. Plus I have been busy training and hanging out with my gal pals and I always forget pictures. I want to take more, I just get so caught up that I don't. This past week was a mess for me. I had my R.S. activity and so that was stressful in itself. I got through it and it turned out fine. But then I had to talk in church the following Sunday so I was studying all the time to get ready for that. Church has been crazy this week.

Saturday I ran 18 miles and I felt really good. The longest I have ran so far. I am really proud of myself and am finding the confidence I need to do the marathon in just a little over a month now....so close. We also went shopping this past Saturday as a mother/daughter date. Me and Christy and Jenn (who I do the eating blog with) took our daughters to Red Robin for lunch and then to Target for some summer shopping. I had a really nice time, and I think Lexie felt pretty special as well. Christy had a birthday yesterday so we went shopping again and then to Panera for lunch. Today was the first day I just sat at home and did nothing.

Lexie and Logan have birthday's next week and it always feels so busy trying to squeeze them both in. We are doing dates with mom and dad this year so this Saturday is Logan's date night. We are going to see "Diary of a Whimpy Kid: Broderick Rules" and then he wants to go to Taco Bell for dinner. I don't know why he is choosing Taco Bell, but whatever. His choice. Hopefully I will take more pictures during these upcoming events for posting.

Hailey has finally reached the terrible two's and I have had a hard time with her lately. She throws fits and throws objects when she doesn't get her way and it is driving me insane. If I wasn't set on no more kids before, this is putting the final nail in the coffin. I was going to start potty training, but decided to wait till after Summer and all the vacationing is over. I don't want to deal with potty accidents on airplanes and in amusement parks and everywhere else. So probably when school starts again I will try it out. I hate this part of kid raising, I just want it to be over. But I won't think about it now because I have the whole summer to play. Hopefully I will have some pictures to post soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put your camera in your purse. We all could use a good laugh so get one of Hailey in her fit mode. Congrats on your 18 miles!! Now go eat some dessert!!!! Your mama loves you.

Anna Min said...

You look awesome Kory! 18 miles! WOW! and a 9 min/mile pace. That just blows me away:)
Logan looks tall...he'll be passing you up soon...
I can probably say the same about Alyvia...I actually think she'll pass me up before she's 14.
Our kids are getting old!
Good luck with the potty training...I'm going to tackle it with Jeff before summer...eeee.
So will you be flying to Portland? Did you know we will not be making it this year?
Anyway...this has turned into a novel...
always love your posts Kory...I'm looking forward to the post marathon blog entry...ah!

Sally said...

Your brave to buy summer clothes already. I know if I buy any we will get another huge snow storm and then I would just cry. Although I will probably cry anyway if it snows again. Which it will. Sounds like a fun date though. I need to take Samm on more dates, since Macy and I go out together all the time.

The Thompson Family said...

Way to go Kory. You are going to blow that marathon out of the water. That is so awesome. It is good to be busy. Can't wait to see pictures. Love you!