Friday, March 4, 2011

blog challenge

Day 8- short term goals for this month and when you'll accomplish them.

I have always had a huge sweet tooth. Yes me, I could eat a whole pan of brownie's if I have a mind to. So I wanted to see if I could kick my sweet habit. I read that you can kick your sugar habit in just a couple of days, but that they can be horrible days. I didn't realize how about everything we eat that is packaged has added sugar. Really, give your labels a read and you will be amazed at what they add sugar to. Even my rice dish last night had sugar added on the list of ingredients. Today has gone well enough. Not too bad for my cravings, although they say the second day is the worst. And I also didn't have any diet soda yesterday or today. This morning I had a pounding headache, but it has died down a lot with drinking lots of water. My goal is by the end of the month to be non sugar addicted and to only eat sugar on occasion instead of after every meal which is what I find myself doing. The best part is I can eat as much as I want of things without sugar. So I have been really loading up on my hummus which is sugar free with lots of vegetables. And fruit sugar does not count so I have been having some fruit as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!! Here we go again. I love you very much but I think you are going overboard! Watch out for that banana peel - you are slipping again.

Sally said...

Good luck! I've gone without sugar for a week but it didn't cure me. The best thing I've found though is that if I'm craving sugar to brush my teeth. It's weird but for some reason it stops the craving.