Monday, March 28, 2011

Caught up

I never knew Mother Nature had such a great sense of humor. She gave us this great week of warm temperatures and I went to the park and sat on a blanket in the sun. I was thinking Spring had sprung and it was here to stay. But since she (Mother Nature that is) is such a comic she decided to visit us with a nice week of super cold temperatures. Lows at night in the lower 20's and then only reaching 40 during the day. I feel like we failed and got moved back to Winter. If you can guess, I am not laughing. So that is why I haven't really blogged anything. I am still caught in the throws of Winter when it should be Spring. April will be here in a couple of days and I am hoping when it leaves it takes all the coats and jackets with it. But in the mean time, I found some cute pictures on my camera that I have taken random photos but never officially published. Cookies go FAST in my house. I make usually around 2 batches a week and I have to admit I am getting to be a pro at them. I try to make them when the kids are in school because I don't have to break up brawls about who gets the beater and bowl. I only have one little munchkin during the day and she gets both. And just to show you how good it is... Yep, she enjoyed it to the last lick. As did her eyebrows, hair and nose. I think she has invented a new way to eat food through her nostrils so I will have to patent that when I can get her to talk in comprehensible words. A couple of weekends ago we went on a Mother/Daughter shopping trip up to Pennsylvania. They don't have a clothing tax and since we live right on the border it is a quick drive for us. Plus they have a Red Robin up there and who doesn't like a good burger from Red Robin. These pictures let you see how much a like Mother and Daughter really are.
I see the resemblance don't you? I see some, although I have always maintained that she looks like her Dad.
People say we look alike, maybe a little bit.


The boys start baseball this week so we should be busy on Saturdays with games for awhile. I will attempt to take pictures and post them more frequently. I know I say that a lot, but maybe one day it will be true.

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

We had two days in the 50's and 60's over Spring Break and now are back to highs in the 20's and 30's this week. I agree it is so much worse after having a little teaser taste of Spring. My kids refuse to wear gloves or hats and when I put them on the bus in the morning it is about 15 degrees, but it is Spring and they are done with bundling up. At least you are trucking through this chilly Spring with good friends and two batches of cookies a week though. That helps!

Are you stil going to finish the 30 day challenge? I hope so.

Anna Min said...

What a fun date...when you're looking for it, you can see the resemblance in all three pictures, some more obvious than others:)
Do you have to hide the fact that Hailey gets the batter? My girls would cry unfair treatment and require I save the batter if they are not there, and they take turns...or insist I never again make cookies not in their presence.

The Thompson Family said...

How fun. All of you look like you had a great time. Kory you look tan. How do you do it with the winter weather. Hope spring comes soon for you. Love you

Sally said...

Cookies twice a week! I want to come live at your house!