Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Logan!!

I can hardly believe that Logan turns 8 today. I can remember so clearly the day he was born. Of course your first birth seems to stick in your memory the most. Corey and I felt so inadequate to take him home. Thankfully he was such a great baby. Never really cried that much, even when I had a hard time breastfeeding those first two weeks. He was pure bliss and I treasured every moment we had together.

As I look back I forget how fast the years fly by. Makes me wish I could go back even for a day and enjoy his sweet little smile at 2, hold him in my lap and cuddle him close when he was still small enough to sit on my lap. Now I can basically give him a hug standing up. He has really grown since moving to Maryland. Must be something in the water, but he just sprouted. He loves to read and does it all the time. As his big birthday present we got him his own scripture combo, which I explained cost a lot of money and to be careful with them. He has already started to read it.

Logan has always been the one to know right from wrong. He still makes his mistakes, but he will always be the first to stand up for what is right. I am so proud of him and the things he already stands up for. He is so kind hearted as well, and will try to include his sister even when Gabe is so against her joining. He will cuddle with everyone and he has even come up with a sense of humor somewhere along the way. I had to take pictures of my scrape book pictures because they are not on my computer. I hope that you can see most of them ok. They are not in any order, but they bring back so many memories of my little Logan. I am truly blessed to have him in my life.
This was taken at Samm's blessing (his cousin) and so that is Samm Rollins on the left, Alyssa Johnson in the middle and Logan on the right. I love love this picture.
Logan getting ready to play soccer last Spring
Eating some yummy cake turning age 6
Went bowling with cousins when Logan was 5. (notice Gabe's hands totally down his pants...gross)
Logan in the mega saucer...so cute.
About one month old, Corey took this photo.

Sorry I couldn't figure how to turn, but this is Logan and Alyssa Johnson again.

Logan being blessed...(I also noticed I wrote blest, don't know why I can't spell)

Dad holding Logan, he is such a great dad that way. He has always loved holding newborns.

Me right around 9 months pregnant with Logan.

Logan and his cousin Samm playing dress up..he will hate this one later.

Logan at age 2
Logan already hanging with his brother.

Around 6 months.

Playing with mom
In the hospital before we left.
Happy 8th Birthday Logan...We love you.


3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I can't believe he is 8! This is going way too fast. After looking at these pictures I had to get out my old Logan, Alyssa and Samm pictures and stroll down memory lane too. They were so cute! They still are, but just not babies anymore. We all need to get together!

I love that Logan is loving on his scriptures. We have told our kids they will get their own personalized set at 8, too. Alyssa has been more excited about that then her baptism I think. It makes me smile!

Happy Birthday Logan!

melissa said...

awe that was fun to see his baby pics.

The Thompson Family said...

I thought the same thing. Logan and Hailey definitely look like Brother and Sister. Happy Birthday Logan! He is growing up way too fast. Love you!