Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oh Boy

Every time you move into a new ward you always wonder what calling you are going to be bestowed with. We have moved a lot since we have been married and I have had a variety of callings. We got the phone call this morning saying that we were wanted to extend callings could we come in early. I was gearing up, and sure enough I got the calling for the 2nd counselor in YW. I knew there was an opening and I have to say I feel really blessed to have this callings. The ward has one laurel and I think maybe two Mia-Maids and about 13 Beehives. Since I am the 2nd counselor I am over the Beehives. I sat in YW today feeling little overwhelmed. How can I possibly get to know that many girls and befriend them? I have a hard enough time talking to people period. But I felt this was my chance to grow and to make this a really great learning experience for me. So I am marching in full force. I am going to try to reach beyond what I think I am capable of. I was boosted when one of the YW's mom came up to me and told me her daughter was thrilled when I was called in this morning. She told her mom I looked like a really neat person. I just hope I don't let her down.

7 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

You won't let them down. They always call the cute cool moms to YW. I think the girls need role models in the church. Women that they want to grow up and be like, that are fun but still spiritual. You'll be great!

Where did they put Corey?

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

You'll be great! I would have loved to have you as a leader!!!

Walling Family said...

You will do great! So what is Corey doing in the ward?

Anonymous said...

You know that I am jealous!!!

The Thompson Family said...

There is no way you could let them down. I always looked up to you. Love you!

Sally said...

Wow, 13 beehives is a lot! You will do great though. And you are a neat person!

Persimmon said...

So what is Corey's new job?