Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Adult Conversation

Since I have been cooped up in the house the last little bit, I thought I would have an adult conversation with my blog. I have to say I was humbled slightly today at the YMCA. This is the second time I have gone to the Muscle Makeover class and I really enjoy it. Yesterday we had this big butch lady who did an excellent job and I was so sore this morning. So I go in this morning ready to go and this little old lady walks in and puts on the microphone. I am thinking in my mind...oh no. This class is going to suck. I won't feel anything. So feeling so self confident I go and get the heavier weights and the hard bands for the workout. I do tend to get carried away with weights. Don't you know I was surprised when this little old lady kicked my trash. I had to drop down in weights twice and even ended up with no weights a couple of times. And there she was just going at it with her 5lb weights. She did so many reps I thought I was going to die by the time it was over. I am used to high weights and low reps. But I can already not feel my butt. I was so impressed. It just goes to show, you can't judge a book by its cover. So next time I go to class maybe I should just swallow my pride and grab the 2 or 3 pounds weights like everyone else.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old ladies Rule!!!!

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

I know the feeling. I had this roommate once at Ricks College and she would drag me to the gym and make me lift all these weights and go for runs and I thought I was going to die!

Sally said...

Do they have 1/4 pound weights for weaklings like me?