Friday, February 1, 2008

High Ho, it's off to work I go

Well, it is back to the work force I go this Saturday. I was looking for a weekend part-time job that would give us some money to put into our savings account. I wasn't really gung-ho in getting one so I filled out an online application with Walmart. Surprisingly they called me within two days, got my interview that same day (along with a drug test) and so I start my orientation on Saturday. I will only work the evening on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and this way we will have money that will go straight to our savings. Plus I get a 10 percent discount at all Walmart stores so that has to count for something. I am actually really nervous considering I haven't worked in six years, but I think this will be good for me and our family. I will have to let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Your mom just told me today that you got a job. I think it is awsome. The discount will be great, and now you can do some guilt free shopping with me!!!

Walling Family said...

Good Luck! Walmart was my first real job worked there for 3 years. You will do great!

Doug and Marilyn said...

Congrats on the job! You could get a job anywhere you apply. Good luck starting back to work. Just keep telling yourself what it's for!! :) You'll do great.

Real Life Roberts said...

Crazy that you are working! Not like you aren't busy enough! I'm happy for you.

Walling Family said...

So how did it go?