Friday, February 8, 2008

Don't knock it till you try it

I have a friend here who swore to me that this mixture of odd food makes the best low calorie meal ever. She mixed Tuna fish, cottage cheese and dill pickles together. I would always cringe when she mentioned this until finally I decided to try it. So I mixed and I held my breath and wouldn't you know it, it was really good. I usually hate Tuna, but with all the pickles you can hardly taste it. Which is good because I can finally eat fish. Three cheers for Danielle and her tuna pickle mix. I give it a thumbs up!!

1/2 Can Tuna
1/4 C. Fat Free Cottage Cheese
3oz. Dill pickles (the good kind)

Mix and eat with a fork or on some whole wheat bread.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might take me awhile to try this one!

melissa said...

That sounds pretty good, my mom always put pickles and mayo in our tuna when I was little, but the cottage cheese might be wierd! ha

Sally said...

When I finally get around to being motivated enough to eat low calorie food I will definitely have to try it. I'm not a huge fan of cottage cheese, but I do like pickles in tuna fish. What kind of pickles are the good kind?

Walling Family said...

cottage cheese.....okay that is just weird! Maybe it is good but I don't know!