Saturday, September 1, 2012

First Day of School 2012

 
Aww the first day of school...after a long summer of trying to keep the kids entertained I am always ready for them to go back.  I think they are too, even if they don't admit it.  This summer was really hard for me and them.  I was so sick most of the time and just laying on the couch and so we didn't get out and do a lot of stuff like we  normally would.  I am feeling really old as my oldest is entering 5th grade.  I can still remember my 5th grade year and I keep thinking it won't be long before he is going to High School.  So I need to just love every moment I have with them. 
 
 
Gabe is usually my hardest child to get to school each year.  Usually around the 3rd day he will claim sickness and want to stay home.  He has always been my homebody.  He has attempted a couple of sleepovers and always needs to come home.  But this year he said it was great, I think his teacher is to compliment for that.  He really likes her.  Always hamming it up for the camera too.

Lexie has been excited for weeks to go back.  At school shopping she had to have this particular outfit she is wearing.  She tried it on multiple times with different shoes to see what looked the best.  I kept thinking she is only going into 2nd grade but man she is acting like teenager already.  She did look dang cute though.

Logan was indifferent to school.  He goes because he has to and he does just enough to say it was done.  He does like the social aspect of it and even tried out for choir this year.  I had no idea that he had to come up with his own song.  The permission form said nothing about it so he said he heard a bunch of other kids say they were going to sing twinkle twinkle little star...so he said he would sing the same thing.  I couldn't help but laugh and then I asked him why he didn't sing Old McDonald instead.  I hope he makes it just so he can be involved in something that he tried out for.  And just for a side note Logan is a horrible picture taker.  He can not do a natural smile to save his life.  After I saw this picture I keep giggling because it looks like he is taking a poop.  I sure hope he grows out of this.  He really does have a great smile but you would never know from the pictures.

I still can't believe how fast time has flown.  I really have been blessed with great kids.  They mind really well and when we go out they are for the most part well behaved.  I feel truly blessed to have them in my life.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Awe, cute kiddos. They are growing up! Does Hailey like being home without all the kids?

Kory Jane said...

She really does....I think it might be because I spoil her. I think she might have the hardest time when the baby comes. How is the belly coming? ;)

The Thompson Family said...

I agree where did the time go. We miss and love you.

Sally said...

Man, Logan looks even bigger than when I saw him a few months ago. I wouldn't get your hopes up though that he will grow out of the horrible fake smile. I still cannot smile naturally for a picture to save my life.