Thursday, September 13, 2012

20 Week Post

 
Technically I won't be 20 weeks till the beginning of next week, but since my appointment was today and my Dr. appointment is tomorrow I thought I might as well give myself a week advancement.  Things are going pretty good at this half way point.  I am still running 3 times a week and doing crossfit 3 times as well.  I feel great and don't have any complaints.  I am still in the horrible in between stage of clothes.  I tried my maternity pants again and I spend half the day pulling them up and it get annoying.  So I squeeze into my regular jeans and just leave them unbuttoned.  At least they stay where they are supposed to.  I have gained about 6 pounds at this point (see mom I can gain weight just fine).  I think my body is trying to make up for the fact I threw up so much at the start.


The ultrasound appointment went well.  It was such a great thing to see the baby moving around even though I haven't really felt much yet.  I was starting to get worried but there was plenty of wiggling going on. 
 Look at those cute feet.
 Cute profile picture.
 
 
And of course for the reveal.  She asked right off if I wanted to know.  So she actually looked right away to keep the suspense from killing me.  Drum roll please........it is a girl.  Now I was pretty surprised because I had convinced myself that it was a boy.  So I hadn't even thought about a single girl's name.  I had gotten so used to it that I find it hard even now to switch my mind set to girl.  Logan and Lexie were pretty disappointed.  But Gabe shouted for joy and was so excited.  He loves loves his Hailey.  Those two are always together and he takes such great care of her.  I think he wants another little sister to guard and protect.  And there is no doubt, you can see all clear in the shot.

I am just so grateful that everything looked great.  Now if anyone has girl name suggestions that would be great.  I guess I will have to do some research.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Awe you both look so cute! Glad your doing well! My favorite girls name is Emily and we also talked about Ella after Duella. I'm always excited to hear what names people pick!

Sarah said...

How fun! I'm glad you're doing so well- you look fantastic!!

Okay, here's my "list" of current favorite girl names: Adalaide, Eliot, Amelia, Wynn and Cecelia (that last one's a family name).

Good luck! Personally, I think choosing girl names is way easier than boy names. ;)

Seth and Julie said...

Your belly shot is so cute and congrats on another girl!!! I know you wanted a boy but your girls are so dang cute and I agree with Sarah...it is WAY easier to name a girl. Can't wait to see if she looks like her sisters.

Sally said...

You look really great for 20 weeks! I hate the inbetween stage also, but before you know it your belly will be plenty big for maternity pants. And my current favorite girl name is Scarlet. Good luck! Picking a name is always the hardest part for me.