Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Basement Update

 
I know you are thinking this first picture is not the basement and didn't the last post just contain a picture of my pregnant self?  Well I couldn't really see my belly that well in the shirt I was wearing and plus I know my Mom likes to live through pictures.  So I am just trying to make everyone happy.  This shirt is tighter so I think my baby bump looks more defined.  And after Corey searched the Internet last night for about two hours he found only one name that he liked....yes he can be difficult.  I found Tempest cute but he didn't want any of that.  But he said he really liked Danni and I have a thing for naming girls boyish names so I liked it right away.  Middle name we wanted to do family name and Corey's Mom's middle name is Renee.  So we are going to name her Danni Renee Esquibel.  I think it sounds so cute when you say it together which can be hard with middle names.  I guess when she kicks me and starts giving me a hard time I can now say Danni instead of her.


Corey has been working nonstop on our basement since his dad left in July.  All his friends here work shift work so it is hard to get time with someone to help him.  He has done basically all the sheet rock himself along with some help from me.  I have learned that I am not real great with a drill and in fact have a hard time even getting the screw in.  Imagine me trying to get this screw in the wall while Corey is holding this huge heavy piece of sheet rock on his head.  I was freaking out because I didn't want him to hurt himself.  So of course I get frustrated and keep dropping the screw.  I was not meant for construction I know that for sure.  But with all these man hours we finally got the rooms done.  We are waiting to mud, tape and carpet next year when we get our tax returns back.  But it works for now and the kids are loving it.  Lexie is down there all the time reorganizing because she doesn't have Hailey messing it up all day long.  We are on next to the living room which will be great too because then the kids will have a place to go with friends to hang out.  Already with the two rooms I have noticed a world of difference in space. 
 Boys room from the entrance.
 Boys room from closet under the stairs.
 Lexie's room from entrance.
 Lexie's room from closet.
Lexie's walk-in closet.
 
This picture doesn't do this closet justice.  We needed storage space so bad and the best thing to do was put in a huge closet in her room.  It follows the whole width of the room and there is plenty of room for Lexie's stuff and for me to stash my stuff in the back.  I wish our closet upstairs was even half that big.
 
Hopefully in the next month we will have even more done, and once Corey gets the toilet installed that will save on all the trips up to use the bathroom.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Cute belly, cute name, and good job on the basement!!

Seth and Julie said...

Wow, you have made huge progress since we were there. I bet all that extra space is such a blessing, especially with Danni on her way. I can't believe you guys settled on a name already. If you think Corey is difficult, be grateful you didn't marry Seth. Playing the name game with him was so bad that I got to where I would not even discuss names until the baby was born. I think Danni Renee sounds perfect!

Sally said...

I'm so jealous of your basement! I would love to be able to throw my kids in one! And I love the name you picked. It fits so well with your other girl's names.