Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday...oh Friday

I realized as I was surfing the Internet that I have not been that great at posting.  I keep checking my page to see if anyone else updates and I get bumbed when no one has.  But I never point that finger at myself (go figure).  But from the comments I am pretty sure just a select few read my blog anyways.  It seems blogging has gone downhill for many and the one thing I love the most about blogging is being able to go back a couple of years and see what was going on in our lives at that time. 

Today is like any other day for me.  I have my daily cleaning routine after which it is usually close to lunch.  Then after lunch I do whatever I want.  Now I do have a huge list of things in my brain that I want to do or have been needing to do but I lack the motivation to get going.  Not sure if I can blame the pregnancy for that or just sheer idleness.  I have been doing lots of crosswords lately which seems really lame when I am typing this.  And this does not include the toilet so that makes it even more pathetic.  But what can you do in a small town?  Not much.  I really really want to get started on the babies room.  I have been itching to paint and organize probably for a good solid couple of months.  But that will depend on the ultrasound next week.  If it is a boy (which I am pulling for) I am going to do turquoise walls and do accent colors in red and orange.  I have found some great things and I have it all laid out in my head.  Now girls is another story.  I still want to do turquoise walls but probably include pink and brown in there.  Thursday can not come soon enough.

This is the longest I have stuck with my workout routine being pregnant out of the 5 pregnancies.  Usually I just relax and think I will worry about it later.  For some reason I have a hard time accepting that mentality this time.  I still run about 6 miles 3 times a week and then do crossfit and the Firm on the other 3 days.  I am past the sickness stage thank goodness.  Now I am at the ravenous feel like I need to eat everything stage.  I am pretty sure I have gained about 5 pounds this past month and I know this will make my mama very happy as she worries way too much.  Not craving much sweets, but man have I been a potato chip fiend.  I normally don't even like chips.  But I can't seem to get enough of them now.  Must be the salt I am losing from all the sweat.  Not much to report until next week as far as that is concerned.

The kids loves school and their teachers.  Hailey loves being home and bossing mom around.  And I am trying really hard to keep the kids busy.  Logan tried out for the school choir and he will hopefully hear today.  I want him to make it just because he was so excited about it.  Gabe is doing soccer starting next week and somehow I got sucked into being the coach.  I have been doing A LOT of studying about soccer drills and I hope if anything the kids will learn something new from me.  Lexie is doing ballet this year.  She loves to dance and she missed registration when we moved here so she is also really excited for that.  Boys are going to do basket ball in November and I am pretty sure we are going to be pulling our hair out by the end of the year.

And I just have to comment on the fly infestation we have here.  Is this just a Wyoming thing or have they taken over the world?  I swear I kill about 50 a day and they keep reappearing.  They keep landing on me and it drives me nuts.  They buzz around our heads at dinner.  I find myself wishing for snow if only to kill the stinkin flies.

And on the 22nd Gabe is having his belated birthday party.  We decided to wait until school started so he could invite kids from school.  He is having a Xbox party and I have even hired a gal here to make a cake that looks like an Xbox controller.  It better be good for how much she is charging.  He just can't stop talking about it.

Sorry no pictures for this post.  I guess I could take a picture of me cross wording or sitting on the couch but I am pretty sure your mental picture is as good as anything I could put on here.  Hopefully this weekend I will whip it out and find some better things to photograph.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Glad to get an update! I agree about the blogging, I don't even enjoy it anymore, but I love our yearly blog books so much, I can't stop! I can't wait to find out what your having. I'm doing orange with green and brown. I love orange even tho our living room is already orange! We got the "big" baby stuff while I was working, but I'm having sticker shock on some of the little stuff. I mean $10 for a 4 pack of white onesies and $30 for a 2 pack of swaddling blankets!

Anyway, glad to hear you are all doing good. The girls are dancing this year after a 2 year break, so we are looking forward to that!

Seth and Julie said...

I am sad about the death of the blogging world too but I will also keep doing it for my own records and I will keep reading other blogs too because I am nosy and I love to hear what other people are up to. I am excited to hear what you are having and I am impressed with how much you are still working out. I am excited to see Gabe's cake. I love bday cakes.

Alison said...

We keep having flies move into our house, too! It's driving me crazy. I totally feel your pain!