Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Unpacking....still

Will the unpacking ever end??? I feel like I am drowning in possessions and we have nowhere else to put them. I have been reorganizing to fit everything somewhere. It has been a lot of work. Plus, our mail was a nightmare. Who would have thought two weeks of mail would be such a a headache. Thank goodness I have had time to just sit down and get things in order. Tonight I can finally just sit.....and eat some ice cream.
Isn't this beautiful? I know almost everyone has a Kitchen Aid, but I did not. And my hand mixer broke so I was mixing everything by hand. I didn't complain though. I always would look at the price and cringe and say forget it. So it was a surprise when my hubby gifted me with this for Christmas. I have used it a lot already and I love it. Perfect gift for someone who loves to cook like me.

So Hailey has decided to grow up on me all of a sudden. She has learned to climb out of her crib so we graduated her to Lexie's queen bed. I was worried at first, but she has done great. When the lights go out she just lays there and falls asleep. Even if she is pure trouble awake I have to say she has been the easiest when it has come to sleeping in a big bed.

This is where the crib used to be, so much more room for the toys we have.

Hailey sitting on her side of the bed. What a big girl she is becoming.

I had to part with my crib and put it in the trash. That crib has seen a lot of babies and has held together all right. We would pass it along, but we have had to piece it together with our own screws and such over the years. I don't think I would give it to someone else and have it fall apart. No more cribs for our family.......and I am happy about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still chuckle when I think of that night that she just opened my laundry room door and walked out. We all were so amazed. No one expected her to get out of the crib. Missing everyone terribly.