Saturday, January 22, 2011

80's Night Done Right

My closest friend here (Christy) threw a little 80's party get together. Talk about a blast from the past. She thought it would be great fun to have us all get dressed up in our 80's best. The most embarrassing part for me was that I had most of the get up in my closet. All I had to get was the leggings and the leg warmers. Everything else I found at home. I love to wear my red belt on regular occasions as well. It really was so much fun. I felt like I was going to a Halloween party. We also did white elephant gifts but I forgot to take pictures of that part. I really should have because I found a gem of a gift at a flea market here. We had tons of good food, danced to dance central, played trivia games and just talked and laughed about our experiences. It was a great way to spend my Friday night. Thanks Christy for such a memorable evening.
Aw yeah, my grunge out look.
I used A LOT of hairspray and lots of teasing to get my hair like that. Makeup was way fun too.
Christy in her 80's shoulder pad dress. You can't tell because of the dress but she is expecting in July....yeah.
aww Jenn, sporting the mom bangs from the 80's. So hot.
Then we have the nice ugly sweater from the 80's and the best part was the turtleneck was attached to the shirt.
Poor Judy...she is also pregnant and expecting soon and she said this is all she could find to fit. She still looked awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute!!! Man I loved those bangs - I see them every time we visit Utah!!! Kory it sounded like great fun. I want to know what your white elephant gift was!!

Seth and Julie said...

That looks like such fun! I need to get a girls night going around here. You all look awesome. Your make-up and hair are great and the girl with the side pony tail made me laugh! Good times!