Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stuck In The Winter Funk


I HATE winter..... not only is it cold and you just can't get warm, you have to deal with staying indoors. I hate that it always looks so gloomy and that it seems to last forever. My husband has pointed out recently that I am in a moody winter funk. I can't seem to shake it. Don't want to do anything, don't want to go anywhere. Feel like just opening the door to the house is a chore. It is a good thing I make myself go running, because I am pretty sure I would become part of the decor around here if not. Can you believe they even have a term for winter depression....SAD. Great huh?
So I am trying to think of ways to make the winter a little brighter and warmer for me. Does anyone have any ideas? I sure could use them. I have never been so desperate for spring as I am this year. I am really rooting for the groundhog to not see his shadow here soon.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Buy flowers! Force some bulbs to bloom early inside (like paperwhites) or just get a cheapy bunch of tulips at Wal-Mart for some early indoor spring. Keep them someplace you walk past often throughout your day.

I've thought it'd be fun to just get a room at a nearby hotel that has an indoor pool and spend a night or two just relaxing and letting the kids swim.

Make sure you pull up all your blinds so you're letting in as much light as possible during the day. It's amazing how just a little sunlight can lift your mood.

Hope you find something that works- that SAD stuff can be a real bummer!

Sally said...

Go get a bright pink pedicure. It will cheer you right up!

Seth and Julie said...

I hear ya! I think I have lived in a cold place too long now and I am over the Winter.

Anonymous said...

Bake brownies!