Monday, April 22, 2013

Jenny Phillips

On Sunday I had the opportunity to go see a Jenny Phillips fireside in Casper.  This is a great upside of being in the YW presidency.  She makes such beautiful music and it was fun to hear her sing in person.  It was a fireside to prepare the youth for trek which is coming up in June.  I don't get to go the whole time, but I do get to attend for 2 days of it.  I feel extremely blessed because I get to go at Martin's Cove where the actual pioneers had to travel.  I know it will be a great experience for the girls in our group.  Jenny Phillips talked a lot about what the pioneers went through and some experiences that were recorded.  Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy.  Carrie had it take on her phone for me.  I didn't want to bring my big old Cannon and look like a tourist or some fanatic. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun. I didn't know you were in they YW. What cool opportunities. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you get to go on the trek. It can be quite an experience. I will never forget mine. How far are you from Martins Cove? It would be cool to meet there some day.