Monday, April 15, 2013

Crazy News and Shots



I was just getting ready to post and my friend texts me and asked if I had heard about the Boston Marathon Explosion....I then had to hurry and look online.  Are you serious?  What a scary thought that you have been running for 4 hours and exhausted and then have to deal with two explosions...  And the really bad part was seeing the time at 4 hours and 10 minutes which is right where I finished both  my marathons.  How horrible for all those people.  What is our world coming to???

And speaking of what is our world coming to, what is up with Wyoming?  Corey claims this is normal weather, but I am dying I tell ya.  I look at everyone else who is warm and green and like my mom in the 80's already.  We are dealing with more snow than we have all winter long.  We are supposed to get even more the next two days.  And the fact that the temperatures are staying in the low 30's are not helping either.  The kids were really upset having to go to school on the blizzard days.  Even though the interstates and highways going to and from Douglas were all closed they still had school.  I had to laugh as they stomped off to school in snow gear.  Spring just won't come so I guess we will just go to straight summer.
 
It was so cold...it felt like 0 outside.  At least they are all bundled up.  I stayed home.
 
Since Danni turned 2 months old it is time to do immunizations.  Here in lovely WY they don't give shots at the Dr. office.  You have to sit in the Health Department and get them done.  Which means they ask you to pay a donation to get them done each time.  And since Hailey's 2nd Hepatitis shot is not required I had to pay out of pocket for it.  So 40 bucks later she has her shot.  I find this annoying and a waste of money for me but I guess that is how they do it here.  Don't like it at all, but nothing I can do now.  Hailey went right up to the nurse pulled her arm out and just let her do the shot.  She didn't even blink an eye.  She looked at me then the nurse and said that didn't hurt at all.  I was so impressed with her.  She even thanked me for taking her to get a shot.  I guess as I get her ready for school I won't have to drag her in to get them done.  Danni did cry and was not very happy with me, but hey it had to be done. 
 
Since Hailey was such a trooper I stopped by McDonalds and got her a sundae for a treat.  And the one good thing is they gave us a book for getting the shots.  I am building up a nice library thanks to the reading in WY program.



Only two more weeks and Lexie is getting baptized and Danni is getting blessed.  We have lots of family coming and it should be crazy and fun.  Once the weather warms up I should have more posts.  We have a cool trip planned the end of May to Mt. Rushmore and then the Rollins family reunion in June that we are going to.  Warm weather can't come soon enough.

1 comment:

Seth and Julie said...

I heard about the explosions. It sucks when you can't go anywhere anymore without worrying about lunatics.

It snowed here yesterday too, if it makes you feel any better. Every year I forget that spring doesn't start until Memorial Day weekend here.