Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Blizzard Run

 
 
I know that no one wants to hear me whine about the weather.  But I am going to anyways.  I mean come on now.  It is spring, time for warmer weather and parks and green grass.  I guess Wyoming didn't get the memo from Mr. Groundhog because we are stuck in winter.  Last weeks blizzard didn't even dump half as much as this week.  I-25 is closed on both sides of Douglas so Corey had to take this small highway that takes an hour to get to work.  I worry about him on the road but there is nothing that he can do.  The kids were bummed once again that they still had school today.  These Wyoming people know how to rough it.  I don't even know how the bus got here to pick up the kids.
 
So I really needed to get a run in, the cold temperatures and all the snow is making it near to impossible to find the courage to go.  My friend Bonnie who is usually the other crazy runner got the flu and had to skip out on me.  Good thing Miss Ashley was willing to get out and go in the blizzard.  The best investment for me moving here is my mask that I wear.  It really does help.  Once we got out and started moving it wasn't that bad.  It was only horrible facing the wind with the snow so we tried to do that as little as possible.  Snow is still coming down now and I am hoping for a break some time soon.  I would take even mid 40's at this point.
Ashley ran ahead and got a picture of me running.

2 comments:

melissa said...

you are brave! I hope you get some sunshine soon! I've been unmotivated to do anything active or outside because it's been so hot and humid.

Jenn said...

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRR