Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Time

Is it really Easter time again?  I feel like Spring really creeps up on us every year.  I do love Easter not only because it reminds us of our Savior and what he did for us, but because it reminds me that summer and warm weather is on the way.  For someone who lives in WY that is a wonderful thing to look forward to.  I decided to delete my Facebook account for multiple reasons, so I find I have tons of time now.  I probably will blog more since that is the only way to document myself now.  Plus thanks to my sister-in-law Melissa I am slowly printing off my blog in book form to keep for a family scrapbook series.  How fun will that be to look at 20 years from now?
 
I am not a huge gift giver on Easter.  We do baskets with little toys and candy that I hide all over the house for them to find.  And true to form I follow my Dad's tradition of laying jelly beans all over the house for the kids to find.  Just tonight I found a random jelly bean.  I am sure this will happen for the next couple of months.  I usually take pictures of the kids on Easter in their Sunday best and it is so cool to look back over the pictures and see how they have grown.  This year Lexie's birthday fell on Easter and since Logan's was just yesterday it gets really crazy around here.  And I am horrible because I got no pictures of Logan's cake or our dinner out.  I hope he forgives me when he gets older.  But he is 11 now.  Can you believe it?  One more year and he gets the Priesthood and goes to YM...yikes.
 
We have decided to officially celebrate Lexie's birthday next weekend.  She turned the big 8 today and we are busy making prep plans for her Baptism the first of May.  I did gift her our present which was a nice quad of scriptures.  We get the kids their own set on their 8th birthday.  She was so excited to carry them to church today.
 
Danni decided to fall back to sleep for her mid morning nap before church.  She looked so sweet in her little dress, hopefully you can get an idea from the picture. 

 Don't you love sleeping baby pictures.  What a cute baby I might add.
 No surprised by the pose by now, but I told him he was taking me back to the 70's with his hairstyle.  He won't cut it though....oh well.


 Hailey is just so much fun right now.  I never know what she will say to basically anyone.  Just last week she told some people who stopped by that Danni came from her Mom's vagina.  Yeah that was fun.
 I did take a full body of Logan but his shirt was untucked and he looked like a slob.  I have to ride that boy to dress up and look decent.  Man he is getting so much older looking.
 I love this picture of Lexie.  Isn't she gorgeous?  8 years old and looking so grown up to me.


Got to  have one of these bad boys.  I love fun pictures because it shows off personality.
 
And just as an ending note.....
 
 
GOT MILK?

5 comments:

melissa said...

Yay for pictures! they are all so cute. Danni is a doll!

melissa said...

ps I really like instagram. you can just follow a few people that you really care about and its just pictures, not all of the other crap you get on Facebook.

Seth and Julie said...

Look how sweet Danni looks sleeping in her Easter clothes! Beautiful family and I have to admit that I had a good laugh and Hailey's where babies come from comment.

Anonymous said...

Cute, Cute pictures. Wow that Danni has changed and what a sleeping beauty she is. Man my grandkids are beautiful. I love you and I am going to try to blog more often also.

Sally said...

Wow I can't believe Logan turns 12 next year! The picture of Hailey is still how I think of Lexie so it's hard to believe that she is also turning 8! I love Gabe's pose! He has so much personality. Happy Easter to you guys!