Thursday, August 30, 2012

Trip to Portland


 
I had great intentions of posting pictures right away of our trip to Portland OR. to see Corey's parents and go fishing.  For some reason Blogger refused to upload my pictures.  I had to do one or two a day and just keep saving.  It was driving me nuts and I almost just said forget it.  But then I know my Mom has been waiting for this and I pushed forward.....
 
 
We left super early Sunday morning around 2am to get to the Denver airport in time for our early flight.  Things went really smooth and we got there a full hour before our flight took off.  So we hung out, the kids did great and we got some overpriced breakfast at McDonald's.  Once we got there I have to say the weather was perfect.  It would start out cloudy and then clear up and be in the 70's.  It was so green and beautiful as well.  No complaints in that department.  That same afternoon we drove up to the mouth of the Columbia river to do some salmon fishing.  Corey's parents knew someone who owns a house right on the coast and so we stayed there.  It was so pretty.  I would have posted pictures but as I said before Blogger is not helping me at all.
 
 
Monday bright an early we set out to go fishing.  We were only out for about an hour and all of us got sick except for Logan.  Hailey was the worst and I was not far behind.  I have no idea why people enjoy going out to sea.  I just wanted to throw up overboard.  So we were taken back to land and dropped off.  So what do you do with 3 kids and endless hours on a deserted peninsula?  Play game after game of sorry.  We did make it to the beach and saw a kite festival going on.  It was interesting and we saw some great ones.  We did take the kids swimming one day but I left my camera because of all the sand everywhere.
 
Here we are at the beach.  Gabe is taking the  picture.
 



Picture of the kite festival.
 
Most days were just hung out and found our own entertainment.  Some of which came in Gabe form.  It was till dark outside when I caught him at the table.
 
Lexie was just so cute I had to snap a shot.
 
While I was out for a run one morning I came by this little old town called Oysterville right on the tip of the peninsula.  It was so cute and there were signs in front of the houses giving a date and history.  It was just wonderful so I thought we would go take a look at everything.  Gabe was not too thrilled with this.  As you can tell in the pictures he is not in the camera taking mood.
 
It was a wonderful experience to just be in a different place and everything that is included.  I can see why people like it so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mama thanks you Kory Jane. It sure looks like my kind of town. You did great with the pictures. Thank you for persevering. Love you.

Sally said...

Maybe some day you can teach me how to use my camera. Your pictures are great!