Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gabe's Birthday and State Fair

This past week has been pretty busy for us.  I have really stopped looking forward to my birthdays for the fact that Gabe has the same.  And it seems more important that he enjoy his birthdays then celebrate me just getting older.  The Wyoming State Fair was also this week.  Now when you say State Fair you think large and fun.  This fair is so small and really not worth the time or money.  But you never know until you try and so I braved it alone with the 4 kids.  It really has gotten pretty easy with 4 kids now that they are older.  The boys help keep an eye on Hailey and it keeps the stress off of me.  I just took some random shots of different things they had to do.  Like I said not much but enough to get a few shots.

Gabe and Logan fishing in the tank.
Hailey playing some drums. 
Gabe braving whatever this thing is with Hailey.
My two outlaws
Hailey fished for about 5 minutes then found it boring.
Jailbird with small head.
Lexie was all patience.  She sat there forever hoping to catch something.  She never did.
Doing some Hula.
I told Logan to act mean and this is what I got.


Monday was pretty busy.  We had to get our car fixed and so we were stuck at home pretty much all day.  Gabe was pretty upset about how his birthday was going.  I felt bad for him, but there was nothing I could do.  He also got caught lying and he broke dad's Xbox controller a couple of days before.  So he owed Dad some money.  His birthday money went straight to Dad.  I know pretty crappy birthday.  But I made his favorite dinner Grandma's chicken noodle soup with mashed potatoes and invited our good friends the Perry's over for dinner and cake and ice cream.  He was so funny blowing out his candles.
This is his giddy face before we sang Happy Birthday.
Just a shot that I thought turned out pretty good.
The first attempt, notice how many are still lit.
This was his reaction, he thought it was so funny.
Blow number 2 was not much better, but he eventually got them.

It really was a pretty good couple of days.  Hard to believe he is 9.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Gosh, the kids really are just getting so grown up. You look great in your 15 week pictures. I can't wait to find out what you are having! And I'm excited that I will get to see your little baby next summer!

The Thompson Family said...

It looks like he had a great Birthday and the kids probably still really loved the fair. What is that thing Gabe and Hailey are riding?