Friday, April 20, 2012

Early this week I was sitting at home bored out of my mind and I just got the urge to take some pictures.  I am totally in love with my new camera and I am always up to using it.  I had read about an old Pioneer cemetery outside of town here.  I got Hailey dressed up in her pioneer garb and packed up to go get some shots.  It really was cold and windy that day but Hailey didn't seem to mind.  She is getting used to me being in her face with the camera all the time.  I took almost 100 shots and I found some that I thought turned out pretty good.


The cemetery is a sorry little thing.  Most of the headstones are missing or barely there.  Some of the graves are just marked with an old piece of petrified wood.  The other unmarked graves were just with metal crosses.  It made me sad to think that these people are well forgotten.  No flowers and dried weeds piled up everywhere.  I think I might return with some flowers in a month or so.  There was a small grave stone for a 3 year old child and that made me even more sad.  But the clouds made for some great pictures I thought.  Even ugly Wyoming has some beauty to it.





















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So GOOD!

Sally said...

what a cute little pioneer!

Seth and Julie said...

Clever photo shoot idea and cute model.

Thor'sblog said...

Loved it Kory!

melissa said...

Cute pictures! She is getting so big! Good job with the camera!

The Thompson Family said...

Super cute pictures. They turned out so good. You are so talented. Love you