Friday, April 6, 2012



Yesterday I was invited to go to the Ayers Natural Arch here close to Douglas.  Who would have thought just ten minutes away there is a little oasis here in the desert.  I have been craving that feeling of spring for weeks now, but everything here is still pretty much brown.  So as we drive down into this valley close to the river I got so excited to see so much beauty.  Granted the trees were still bare, but the grass was green and the river was low and moving slow and soft.  We brought a picnic and just let all our kids play down by the river and in the trees.  We stayed for 3 hours and I loved every minute of it.  We will have to go back in a couple of months when the trees are in full bloom and go play in the water.

Boys climbing in this awesome tree.  Perfect. 
 Logan couldn't climb the tree and got frustrated.  This is how I found him.
Lexie and Gabe in the tree. 
 Cute close up, even with chocolate all over her mouth.
 Strike a pose Gabe....uh huh.
 This is my favorite...I love her eyes.  So her.
 Lexie in front of the arch.
 Pretty arch.
 Lexie skipping across the rocks.
I laugh at this one because as I was taking his picture frustrated against the tree, he turned his back to me.  You can see his frustration with me as well in his posture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post!