Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Morning

I read something in the Ensign the other day and I was impressed with what was said.  This woman celebrated the Easter Bunny Easter on "Secular Saturday" before.  Then on Sunday it was the day to remember our Saviour and the Crucifixion and the resurrection.  It was too late to implement this year, seeing as the Easter bunny missed Saturday, but next year I plan on doing it that way.  Complete with lesson of our Savior.


It was about 5:30am that I hear Lexie yell it is time to get up and find the baskets.  I was so dead tired from our temple trip the day before, but some how she found the energy to be up and going.  The boys soon followed and it was so funny to hear the conversations on serious basket finding.  Everyone found their loot and of course all the bunny poop (jelly beans) laying around the house as well.  Let's just say breakfast consisted of all sugar this year. 


I also love Easter for the fact the girls get new dresses.  I LOVE cute dresses for church.  I buy way too many for the girls and this year I felt bad because the boys asked what about them.  So I got the girls dresses and the boys sweater vests.  My kids looked so dang cute this morning.  I was one proud mama.
 Gotta have one with the silly face.
 Her hair turned out so cute.
 She has the best expressions.  This is so her.
 She did this pose all by herself.  Put some sass in it.
 Along with candy she got Littlest Pet Shops.
 This was actually one of the better smiles.
 Mr. tall and lanky.
 Logan got the travel game of Trouble with his candy.
 This is how it normally is at the Esquibel house.
 Don't even need to have words for this.
 Bright and early this morning.
 Gabe got a 100 piece puzzle. 
 Yes!!  Finally a picture that he is looking normal.  How handsome.
 This was more like it though....
 Sisters...and juice.  Can't part with the juice.
 Hailey posing, I have no idea what she was doing.
 Hailey got a Dora puzzle, but that mess behind her is all her doing.
I feel so blessed to have such adorable, loving, crazy kids that love me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe your kids have also been in the accelerated growth program. They are so big and sooooo cute. Great pics Kory.

Seth and Julie said...

I keep meaning to switch the secular parts of Easter to Saturday too but every year it sneaks up on me before I am ready.

Your kids look so adorable. I can't believe how much Hailey is starting to look like Lexie. Love their hair. And the boys look awfully handsome too...Gabe sure looks like his momma.

Happy Easter!

Thor'sblog said...

Such a wonderful family, we are so excited to make a trip up to see you guys.