Monday, February 6, 2012

Eating Paleo

I told Corey just the other day how tired I feel lately.  For someone who runs 7 miles in the morning you would think I would have plenty of energy, right?  Well I don't.  I find myself not having enough energy to fold my laundry, which if you know me is a huge thing.  Since I burn so many calories I wanted to research a way to eat plenty but get some much needed energy.  I Googled marathon running and eating and came across something called the Paleo Diet, which really isn't even a diet but a way of eating.  I have been researching it all day and it has gotten some great reviews from some hard core runners.  The idea is to limit sugar which makes your energy spike and then leaves you feeling crappy.  Also to limit grains going on the idea of the Caveman diet which gives the idea you can get your carbs from vegetables, fruits and nuts.  Of course this does include all meats, lean cuts.  And the best part that I love is no counting calories, no portion control.  You eat till you feel full and your energy is supposed to be through the roof.  The other thing I liked was they didn't totally prohibit diet soda, which is a plus for me.  They said just in moderation you can drink it, which is what I have been trying to do anyways.  I am using this as a type of journal to log in and see how I feel each day that I follow it.  Hopefully  my energy will go back up and I can actually feel like doing things instead of laying around all day feeling so tired.  Plus when I get up I have to sit back down due to blackouts.  I know my Gilbert's doesn't help with feeling fatigued either so this should also help that.

Oh and Mom please don't worry or throw a fit.  I will be eating healthy and lots and not restricting my calories.  Support me...Love you.

No comments: