Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fish or is it?

I don't know if I have ever mentioned this before, and I am pretty sure I probably have, but I hate fish.  As a rule I just don't like the taste of it.  I did try some fish at a nice restaurant this weekend and I did like it.  But it was dripping in sauce so I figured it covered up the fish taste nicely.  Well I decided to give fish another go tonight.....and I liked it.  In fact, the whole family ate all the fish.  Logan had like 3 helpings of it.  And the best part is the recipe is so simple it is hard to believe it tasted as good as it did.  The original recipe called for Bass, but I remember Corey telling me this was super fishy.  So when I went to the grocery store they had a sale on Swai.  Never heard of it before and it was white so I figured why not try that one.  I was not disappointed.  It wasn't all that fishy.  I might have found my new favorite fish.  I thought I would include the recipe since it turned out so good.  I also found a recipe for asparagus and almonds.  I really like asparagus but my family not so much.  I was surprised that they even ate this one.  Must have been a good night for cooking.  Here is the recipe, if you give it a shot let me know if you liked it or not.

Put 2 tsp. olive oil in a pan and heat to med-high.  Put pepper on your fish fillets and then cook them in the hot oil for around 2.5 minutes each side.  You will know when it is done because it flakes super easy.  After the fish is done take it out of the pan and cover to keep warm.  In the same skillet put another 1 tsp. of olive oil and about 8oz of mushrooms sliced.  Cook for 2 minutes.  Then add about 1 tsp. fresh chopped ginger and 1 clove of garlic chopped.  Cook for another 1 minute.  Then add about 4 green onions chopped, 1/4 c. water and 1 TB. of lemon juice.  Cook for another 2 minutes.  Serve the fish with the mushrooms on top.  Corey wanted rice so he put that under it all. 

When I researched it Swai is the new Tilapia.

No comments: