Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Early Giving

If I haven't already announced it... we are going to Oklahoma for Christmas this year. I am so excited to celebrate with family again and to just have fun for two weeks with my hubby. That is what is so great, lots of time together.

Of course one of the challenges is transporting gifts from point A to B. I know people do two Christmas's and open at home and then go elsewhere. But to me, Christmas wouldn't be the same without the glob of presents under the tree. I shipped most of them straight to mom's house by buying online with free shipping. Easy easy for me. The only exception was Logan's bike that he wanted. Yep, Santa was not going to attempt to bring that sucker back. So Santa made an early appearance after school one day to drop it off. Not as exciting as Christmas morning, but he was excited just the same. Must have made a great impression because Gabe kept talking about how much cooler it was than his. Guess Santa has some tastes after all.

I am sure we are not the only people in America suffering from Arctic air and chilly temperatures. It has been bone chilling cold the past couple of mornings. With the temperature hovering right around 20 and the wind blasting to make it feel single digits. I passed on running Monday and Tuesday but I had to get out today. You just gotta suck it up I guess. I was telling Corey how cold it was going to be last night and he gives me an "early Christmas" present so that I could make good use of them.
First let me say that I am a cheapo. When I buy stuff for myself it is the cheapest and not the best by any means. He knew my hat was still allowing air to hit my head and then my gloves were the dollar special at Target that don't do any good. I would come home from running and I couldn't use my fingers for a good 20 minutes. So my thoughtful husband got me the best gift ever...
This stuff is awesome. The hat is thermal dry weave and pull the moisture away from you head so you don't get cold. The gloves are my favorite. They are thermal running gloves and my hands were not cold for one minute this morning. I gave both things a big thumbs up after running for an hour in the cold. So tomorrow when my alarm goes off I won't be as reluctant to get out there and go.
And what better way to end my post than the fact that Lexie was sick today. High fever and headache this girl was immobile this morning. You could tell she felt crappy. Plus she was up at 4am watching TV. Gave her some Ibuprofen and her fever went down and my Lexie emerged all ready to go. Now I am just crossing my fingers that no one else gets this and we can all be healthy and ready to go to Grandma's on Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope she gets better and REAL SOON!!!