Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Just Gonna Do It

So I know I haven't posted in awhile, but I lost the camera, found the camera and then just got lazy. When I did remember it the batteries ran out and then I had no pictures. I promise I will load them soon. I have to wait and get the ones from Corey's phone so I can make my post complete.

I have been going back and forth about doing a full marathon. With the Gilbert's Syndrome it makes it tricky, but if I keep on track of my eating and train right I shouldn't have issues. In fact, I think this will help me in a certain way to get to where I need to be. There is a marathon on May 1st that I want to do in Gettysburg. I did a 5K last spring, but this is a really cool idea for the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War. They will have two different courses that will start at the same point and end at the same point. Depending on what state you register from is the course you take. So if you are from the Southern or all other states you run the South route. If you are from one of the original northern states then you run the northern route. Each route takes you through the side of the Battlefields that were controlled by that side. The country side is so beautiful and I think that will help to pass the time. I am in the process of recruiting people to train with me. I like that this is my first and I have just the goal of finishing and not a time limit to beat. I am excited for the challenge. I start training the first week of January and so I am enjoying just 10 miles now on my long runs.

Other than that we are just getting excited about going to my Mom's for Christmas this year. I can't wait for all the family time and memories. Today is Mom's birthday (happy birthday Mom!!) and she is enjoying it in warm sunny Cancun while I am holed up in my house in a winter storm.

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Good for you! Just be careful with your body.

Anonymous said...

1 Corinthians 3:16-17, "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is hold, which temple ye are."

Anonymous said...

Crap! I meant holy not hold but you get my drift.

Anonymous said...

This is from your dad. All things within reason. Look at the new info on marathon runners. My counsel to you is to stick with halves if you feel like you have to run far.