Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter!!! We had such a busy and eventful day. It was great. It seemed a little out of sorts that we didn't have to get up and get ready for church. The kids didn't understand that we watch it on TV instead. It even threw me for a loop when I first woke up. I really wanted to sleep in, but the kids with the excitement of the Easter Bunny would not let me. So I was up at 6:30am with them. I am glad that they liked all the junk that he dropped off.



Please don't look to close, this was a early morning picture and I had just rolled out of bed.

I love this picture, Hailey had the crown on and was just giggling. I shot it at mid giggle.
Around 2pm we had our good friends the Robello's come over for Easter dinner. It is so nice when they come. They are both great cooks and the food is always so great. They did bacon wrapped hot dogs which are wonderful. Plus he brought short ribs and grilled them. We had some rib-eyes we popped on as well. Let me just say the ribs were so good that I didn't even have steak. I just stuck with the ribs. There was Cynthia's homemade salsa as well. It is always so hot for me. She roast everything that she puts in it and it is wonderful. Good thing she brought extra to put in our fridge.


Then we did a Easter egg hunt for the kids. They were so excited. It was small with just about 50 eggs, but they got into it anyways. Hailey figured out the eggs held candy and once she did she was snatching eggs right and left.
Can you tell they are ready to hunt?
She sees the purple one in the grass.

Cynthia, Eddie, Keilanee and Little Eddie.
Esquibel clan
She found a Reese's Cup and popped wrapper and all in there.
The weather was perfect and we just sat and talked while the men played ball. It was a perfect day to celebrate Easter.

1 comment:

Sally said...

The kids sure missed having our usual egg hunt with you guys. Grandma did one for them at her house, but it just wasn't the same without the cousins.