Monday, January 25, 2010

Walking!!!

I know that everyone thinks that I fell off the face of the earth. I guess in a round about way I did. I somehow got the flu, and because of my symptoms my mom thinks it was probably the H1N1 virus. If you don't know me, I never get sick. I am the fearless mom who when faced with the flu, laughs in the face of danger. Well it hit me hard his time, and the sad part is I was the only one. I am most certain I got it at the gym, where germs thrive. I came down with a fever Wednesday and it stayed and kept me company till Saturday. I was in and out of consciousness basically the whole time. On the couch not moving, except when necessary. My house was a disaster and is still trying to recover from no one doing anything. I am just happy that Hailey survived those days without me basically. I would wake in a panic because she wasn't in the living room, but she was usually just tearing apart a room and I was unable to clean it up. I feel much better today and even my sore throat is almost gone. Just a small amount of muscle soreness still, but I am confident by this weekend I will be whole again....hopefully.

So while this was all going on, we did have some great events happen. Since I was unavailable Lexie did her own hair one day. I was well enough to snap a shot of it.

How cute is that? And it actually didn't look too bad. I was pretty impressed. She seems to want to do everything girly and by herself lately. Like I tell Corey 4 going on 16.


And I have to at least give honorable mention to Gabe in here. He has been really rowdy lately, but hey that is just his personality. But on the way home from church he gave Corey and I a great laugh. He said he learned about the Garden of Eden and that Adam and Eve didn't have to do anything at all. He said they just sat inside all day playing games. I had to try really hard to get this picture in my mind. Then he continues to say that they just had to open their mouths and food would fly right in. This is where I started busting up laughing. He was so serious. We asked who his new teacher was, but he said he had a substitute. That garden of Eden was way more hip than I originally thought.

Logan I am beyond proud of. He can home today with his project folder that contained all his work from the past two weeks or so. Every single paper in there had 100 percent or even better. He got all the extra credit questions correct as well. I was beyond impressed. Plus since he keeps acing his spelling test, his teacher said she wanted to add five more words every week for him. I know everyone says there kids are smart, and I am probably no different. But I honestly feel so proud that he applies himself and does so well. I help not at all with his homework. I make them sit down and do it, but he does everything alone. I am just beaming right now. Because my mom said he was sounding oh so old on the phone, I thought I would post a couple of pictures for her benefit.


And the grand finale of this post, yes Hailey has started to walk. She is all over the place anyways, but it seems she is not happy with crawling to keep up with her siblings. So I got some video of her walking and she stared perfectly for my film. I can't believe she will be one soon. The time has just gone by so fast for me. But she is one happy baby and everyone comments on that at church as she crawls and flirts with everyone on the back row. Of course that is where I sit because Corey teaches Gospel Doctrine and I don't want to interrupt all his effort.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is that!!! I think she falls forward because of her cheeks. They are still so chubby. Man Logan looks tall. I can't wait to get there in 2 months to check out the grandkids myself. I am so glad that you are feeling better. I love you all very, very much.

The Thompson Family said...

I am glad you are feeling better as well. I can't imagine being sick and having to watch four kids. You are a super Mom! Your kids are growing up so fast! We miss and love you!

Sally said...

Man that is no fun being sick. Samm saw the picture of Logan and said "I really miss him. Will I ever get to see him again?" We will definietly need to plan something soon.

Seth and Julie said...

Logan looks so much taller than Alyssa. My kids are so short for some reason? I am so sorry you were sick. It is so challenging to be sick with kids running around. That's when I miss being near family...then I could call in reinforcements.

I am glad you are on the mend now.

And go Hailey...crazy that she is walking already!