Sunday, January 17, 2010

Updating

I know I have been slack lately. I haven't even taken any pictures and I can't even tell you for sure where our camera is located. All I do know is I have been really crazy busy it seems with life. And when you are in the middle of things you the last thing you remember it seems is to take a picture. So maybe I just need to pull it out and set it on the counter for those Kodak moments.

The kids are out of school on Monday and Tuesday so I am going to try and contain my excitement. I just hope that I survive with all four all day long. This past Saturday was a very eventful and fun day for me. I wish that every Saturday would be that exciting. First off, here in MD they assign families Saturdays to clean the church. There is no volunteering here. Which I think is great. Not so great when you forget and they call you the night before to remind you. So we got everyone up and ready to go at 8am. Which is what time you are supposed to be there. The secret is not to get there late or you get stuck with the bathrooms and kitchen. We were there on time and only had to clean some classrooms and the primary rooms. It went quickly and we got home soon after.

I was really excited when the weather was in the 40's and no wind. I was finally able to train outside for the first time this year. I layered and set out for my six mile run. It was perfect. I forget how great it is to run outside and I also forgot how much harder outside is. Plus with all the hills I got more of a workout than usual.

Corey got me 60 minutes of massaging for Christmas so I went and got 30 minutes worth. It was great. I have had one before at Cancun, but I have to say this older gentleman I went to was amazing. He did a lot of pressure points and I felt so much more relaxed. I am even more excited for the fact I have another 30 minutes session in two weeks to enjoy again.

Since we have moved to MD Corey and I have not been out alone once. But finally yesterday we met a couple that Corey knew from work at Applebees in Frederick for some well needed dinner and adult conversation. It was great. Before we knew it a whole hour and a half had passed. They came over afterwards to watch the football game. We get along really well with them so I am sure we will be seeing them soon.

Hopefully on my next post I will have at least one picture to add. And since I have been given the go to talk about my sister's pregnancy I am announcing to all "My sister is pregnant!!" I am so excited. She is already about 19 weeks so halfway done. Has not been sick a single day. She looks so cute with her little baby bump. It is a girl and so we are all anxious to hear the name. So CONGRATS Stacey. Love ya.

3 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

Aww thanks Kory. Jason and I are super excited too. It sounds like thinks are going well in Maryland. I am so impressed with your goals. Keep us updated. I love you!

Seth and Julie said...

Good for you for bundling up and running. Everyone I know is turning in to runners and telling me how addictive it is once you get going, but the few times I tried to run I mostly just thought I was going to puke, or die.

Also, I got a massage only once but it ws so scary to me. I almost couldn't breathe. I really don't like people I don't know to touch me. I made Seth sit in the room and I was dying for it to be over. I am so lame!

Glad you guys are making friends, and yay for your sister. Congrats Stacy!!! Stacy probably has no idea who I am but I remember meeting her a few times and I am excited for her. It is so fun to become a mom.

Tiffany Esquibel said...

I love hearing about how everything is going!! I love you guys so much. I miss you and wish I could see you all the time!! I want to start running but have to wait until i get to my parents!! They have a treadmill so it works out nicely!! Well have a fantastic day!!