Sunday, January 31, 2010

Switching it Up

So I got released from my calling in the YW....to tell you the truth I was not horribly upset. I have only been in a couple of months. Not long enough to really get to know everyone as well as I should have. I was a little freaked when the Bishop came and wanted to extend me a new calling. I was flipping out thinking I would be the new YW president since our old one was just released. Well you can imagine my complete surprise when I was asked to be the 2nd councilor in the Relief Society. I have NEVER been in Relief Society due to the fact I am always somewhere else. I was actually a little excited to try something new. I think I really need this to get to know the program better. This also gives me no excuse not to get my Visiting Teaching done each month. I have to set the example now. So this year has already turned out to be interesting.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, R.S. is one place I have never been. Good luck! You might be just what those old women need!

melissa said...

Good luck! It's always nice to get a change!

Seth and Julie said...

Wow! They are really keeping you busy in your new Ward. I am ALWAYS in Primary, which is great by me. Those RS ladies scare the tar out of me. What an awesome opportunity to serve though.

The Thompson Family said...

You will love Relief Society. I was the secretary once and it was my favorite calling. You will do a great job. I love you!