Friday, January 8, 2010

New Personal Progress Booklet

If you have been absent from the YW program, then you might not be aware that they have a brand new YW booklet and have added Virtue as another value. This is so exciting for many reasons. First off, mothers can now earn the YW award right along with their YW. There is also a new medallion that has a red ruby at the bottom of the temple which represents virtue. And the best part for me, after you finish it you can earn an extra Bee which is another 40 hours of service and another read of the Book of Mormon. I was just as excited as the girls last night to get mine. When I lived in OK I worked and got my medallion for the last program. I now have the option to do it again and earn the new one. I am going to go for it. I am excited to go through this journey again, and I think this will also help me with my New Year goals as well. So for you mother's out there with a YW or almost YW, get excited because now you have an opportunity to earn your own.

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I never did Personal Progress the first time around, so it is fun to know that I can do it with my girls when the time comes. Good luck to you and your young women.

The Thompson Family said...

That is awesome Kory. Make sure you post a picture of wearing it when you get it. Love you!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that??? I am so jealous that you get to work on a personal progress award. I bet the award is beautiful. See you the end of March.

Sally said...

I wish I were as excited about personal progress as you. I got mine when I was in YW so I haven't been motivated as a leader.