Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What a Day!!! (or two)

Once again I have no pictures of my latest adventures. I wish I could find that dang cable, but there is no way I am venturing out in that detach to try and find it. But I have had some crazy things happen lately....

Started yesterday with the fact I took the kids to school, stopped by the grocery store and when I pulled into my mom's driveway, realized that I forgot to put the key to their house back on my key chain. I have no cell phone, my husband does not have a key. So I have to drive a long ways to the hospital where my mom works to get her garage door opener so I can get in. So I am trying to drive pretty fast because I have all these things that need to be kept cool. Did I mention I also did not have any bottles for Hailey who is sick right now with an ear infection? So I drive all the way home and finally get into the house.

Things started to get better when we closed on our house that afternoon and actually made 1000 dollars more than we were projected. So we were excited about that.

Fast forward to today. I get online to do a change of address form and I realized after I submitted the form that I put my landlords address in instead of mine. I tried to change it, but it said I had to go to the post office to fill out a special form. I have to drive all the way down there and then the guy at the counter had no idea what to do. So I had to wait for the post master to fix this one number error.....annoying.

Hailey had her 6 month visit and had this horrible cold that she had since we were in MD. I thought it was just a regular cold, but no she had an infection and couldn't get her shots. So now she is on medication and I have to take her back to a Dr. in MD in a couple of weeks to recheck her and to finally get her shots up to date.

Compact that fact that the place we are moving into is a new build so the address is not being accepted at almost all the places we submit it. I don't even think we have a mailbox up yet. The phone/Internet people are saying the address doesn't exist, even though we were there personally.

But to end on a good note. I kept saying I didn't want to drive all the way to the Stake center to get my temple recommend done....I was done as I said. I just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep for days. But I got all dressed and went down there. Talk about lifting my mood. I felt so much better after leaving that interview. The member of the stake presidency that I met with said a closing prayer and included me with help on the move. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. It just goes to show, that even when you feel like you just don't want to do anything with church it is probably Satan who is making you feel that way. Because when you do take that step you actually feel even better than you could have imagined.

Maybe tomorrow I might actually get time to take a nap......that sounds nice.

2 comments:

Persimmon said...

I'm going to point out the OBVIOUS blessing of losing $1000 on the housing misstep and then making it back on the closing.

:)

Seth and Julie said...

Moving is stressful! But yay for making the $1000 back. We lost thousands of dollars when we sold our house in Utah. Of course as soon as we sold, the house prices went sky high...if we'd only waitied a few months. Frustrating stuff but good for you for remembering to nourish yourself spiritually during all this madness. Remember that this new opportunity is a blessing even if it isn't looking like one right now.

In our prayers!!!