Sunday, August 2, 2009

Inspired for next year

I already did a 15K race in 2007 here in Tulsa. And I loved the sense of accomplishment I felt from that. I trained really hard and I felt I did a great job. I still love my metal I got and I have to steal it back from Lexie who thinks it is a toy. Well at my parents house today my dad was watching a Triathlon for women and I finally felt inspired to do something about it. It is a lot of training, swimming (which I am not fond of) and the fact I don't have a bike yet. But I have already found a triathlon located within 30 miles of where we are moving in MD. So I think this was the final decision for me. I can't officially register for the 2010 race till September but I plan on doing it early so i can't back out.

I plan on starting my training schedule in January and then I should be ready by May. Hopefully MD will have a place for me to train in the swimming pool part of the race. Like I said, I love to swim for fun, but swimming long distance really wears me out. If you want to check out this site I found which gives you free training logs and race information nationwide I have included the link. http://beginnertriathlete.com/

I still have plenty of time before I start to freak out here, but that will give me what I need to find a decent bike and save up for it. Along with all the gear I will need for this. When I actually start training in January I will post my workouts and how they went. I figure since I am blogging about it I can't back out right?

6 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I blogged about my commitment to exercise and then backed out. You can do it too if you want to take the walk of shame with me.

As for swimming, I would drown for sure. Running, oh heavens no. But biking...I could get into that if I had a bike, I think.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

The Thompson Family said...

1997 huh? Isn't that the year you graduated highschool or close too :-) I love you Kory. I think it is awesome you are so ambitious. I know you can do it!

Kory Jane said...

ok, so I am a big dork. It is supposed to be 2007...I think I will edit that comment. I don't want people thinking I am losing my marbles already.

britta said...

Exciting! What distance are you doing? Sprint, Olympic, half iron man?

Kory Jane said...

Olympic....don't think I could do a half iron on my first try.

Sally said...

Good luck. You are the one person I know who wouldn't back out of something like this. I need to get motivated to start running again.