Friday, August 14, 2009

Need some good ideas

So I mentioned in the last email how the bishops wife in PA (sister Daniels) went up and looked at the house for us. She was so willing to help out even though she had no idea who I was. She even offered a place for us to stay when we came down next week. I know this would be hard considering she is a mother of 7. But she was willing none the less. She also invited us over for dinner one night next week when we fly up. I can't help but feel so grateful for an ally in this move already. If I could, I would have sent a hug right through the phone to her. Everyone knows I have a hard time getting to know new people, but she has been so helpful and extra nice I already feel accepted.

So here is where this good idea headline comes in, I really need an idea on what to get her as a thank you. If I could bake cookies in the hotel room that would be one thing, but since I can't I need an idea for something that will let her know just how much I appreciated everything she did for me. So here is where all you lovely readers come in. I have no idea how many actually read my blog, but I sure could use your input. If I don't know you, that is ok. Someone that willing to go out on a limb for a stranger deserves a nice thank you.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Being part of our Church is SUCH a blessing in times like this! Knowing there's someone on the other end of a move waiting to give you a hand really is priceless. I think just a sincere, heartfelt, handwritten note would go miles. Maybe get into your Mom's cardmaking stuff? Just let her know how much you appreciate her selflessness.

The Thompson Family said...

Hahah I was going to say the same thing. You should use on of Mom's cute thank you cards and then maybe give her some chocolate. Every women loves chocolate and with 7 kids she may really need it :-) I agree. Being a member of the Church is such a blessing. Our ward has helped us out so manytimes. It sounds like you are moving to a really nice place. Good luck with everything. I love you!

Anonymous said...

When you go to dinner, take a fall plant like mums! I always love plants. You can also take one of my cards (because I love you)

Sally said...

I really like our mom's idea. I love having fresh flowers in my house.