Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pretty Low Key

I wish I could say that we had this very eventful Memorial Day, but we just lay low basically. I know that I shouldn't complain, but I always assume that my holidays will be packed with non-stop fun. So I basically set myself up for failure if I am not busy 100 percent of the time. We did have fun just being together and I love when Corey is around. It seems to make my day easier. That might be because he helps to entertain two rowdy boys and helps to feed a needy baby. But here are some things that we did do this weekend.


This should have been a post all by itself, but I like to consolidate. Lexie decided on Friday to try and look beautiful with my make-up. She was really going at it. I think she was really trying out for the circus by the looks of it. Once I got her to look in the mirror, she agreed that we needed to touch up the make-up just a tad.

On Saturday I talked Corey into going to the zoo. We bought year passes this time, so anyone else who has them let me know and we can meet up. Corey HATEs the zoo. He Hates animals in general. This is just like a living hell for him. Looking at animals non-stop in the heat. But he was a good sport and didn't rush us to leave. The kids really love looking at all the different types of animals there are in the world. Logan was so fascinated by everything and he was reading everything that he could find around the displays. I told Corey I realized how grown up he has become and it kinda made me sad a little bit. But it was a great day and the weather was wonderful.


Sitting with the tigers outside the entrance.
Everyone getting ready to go into the zoo.

They finally got another cut-out for pictures. I got tired of having so many monkey pictures. We are a bunch of animals for sure.

1 comment:

The Thompson Family said...

What a beautiful family you have. I wish I could go to the zoo with you! I love the zoo. I also love the picture of Lexie's make up. Watch out for boys.