Friday, May 2, 2008

Fresh Fish

For those of you who really know me, know that I abhor fish. I hate the smell before it's cooked and I hate the smell of it after. But go figure on my eat clean lifestyle I have adopted, fish is almost always on the menu because of it's low fat and high nutrient values. So here I was with four fillets of white fish and trying to find something that I could choke it down with. I found this Mango salsa in my eat clean cookbook and whipped it up and grilled the fish on our grill. I put the mango salsa on top and before you know it I had it all eaten. I was so amazed that I couldn't even taste the fish. The sweet taste of the mango and the sea salt mixed in with all the other vegetables masked the flavor of the fish. I was so excited because I actually ate fish and kinda liked it. So if you are in the mood to try a really healthy meal of fish, here is the recipe for the mango salsa which was so easy:

1 mango (not too ripe) cut up in small pieces
1/4 sweet onion cut up in small pieces
1/2 red bell pepper cut up in small pieces
1/2 C. cilantro cut up
1 ts. Sea Salt (different from table salt)
1 TB fresh lime juice (about half a lime)
dash of pepper

Mix it together and serve on top of anything you like, but try the fish it was really good.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Could you possibly be converting to cilantro also?

melissa said...

I have to say, you are very disciplined with your dieting. I wish I could do it. I'm too lazy!