Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Danni's Room

I have really been nesting lately.  And today after I clean up the house I thought why not get Danni's room ready?  We only have about a month left so I might as well get it done.  Of course my friend Bonnie helped me paint it.  I love this soft green.  It was a great choice!!
 
So I needed a small cheap dresser for Danni's room and I found one on Ikea for super cheap and it was made from real pine not that fake wood.  So when it came I just put it in Danni's room and left it there in the box.  Today I finally got the nerve to open and put together.  Can I just say that Ikea thinks people have Popeye arms because some of those screws were murder to get in all the way.  They give you that tiny allen wrench and think that will be enough.  I tired to find the bit for Corey's drill but the size I needed was of course the one that was lost.  So I was stuck doing it by hand.  I thought I was going to put myself in labor getting some of those in.  But once done I love it.  It came this way so I can do what I want with it.  I am still deciding if I want to stain it or paint it.  For now it will just stay unfinished till I figure out what I want.  But I was just proud that everything fit together perfectly.
 

Snow anyone?  I know everyone up North got tons over the past couple of days, and we got a small amount Christmas Eve but it decided to snow again today.  Makes me glad I am pregnant because I really can't go out in this mess.  My mom made me promise.


Here are pictures of Danni's room.  I still have some stuff I want to do with decor but it will come little by little.  The portacrib is in the center of the room because Corey doesn't want it in ours until Dannie actually gets here.  I was learning how to put it together and just decided to leave it up for now.


6 comments:

melissa said...

Awe what a cute room! I can't wait to see little Danni!

Seth and Julie said...

It looks so pretty! I love the color scheme.

The Thompson Family said...

Cute Kory. Can't wait to meet her. I guess it is time for me to make you that nursing cover :-) I love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kory, I love the room. That pink and green look great together. How about some shears for the window? Pink ones!!!! Soom I will be able to see it first hand and the room will look even cuter cuz there will be a beautiful Danni in it. And Yes, becareful on that snow and ice!!!

Jenn said...

If I were to have another baby girl I would want her room to look like this! So sweet!

Sally said...

Her room looks so cute! Can't wait to see pictures of her!